Monday, July 2, 2012

OCU International Day of Peace Festival meeting 7/26, 2:00 p.m.

@OCU Library, 2nd Floor. If interested please attend

The reason the meeting will not be until July is because that is when Reverend Long can meet with us. I will be happy to work with either of you on a Tuesday or Thursday afternoon before then if we need to or we can keep collaborating via email.

 I emailed all of the people who participated in the Giant Pinwheels Contest and all of the People who participate in the Trashin Fashion Show when I first got Okie Peace going. The lady at St. Anthony's is Renee Maynard and her pinwheels are always amazing! I guess we can promote the contest and see who shows up. I think it will be a good idea to try and get the college art students to make one too. I think I am also going try and get some teachers to commit to making a certain amount of pinwheels that I can pick up and install in the giant peace sign on the quad. That drew a lot of attention last year and let everyone know that it was Peace Day and something big was happening there.
 

On other subjects:  Every April at the Downtown Oklahoma City Festival of the Arts my friend Frances Williams, Piedmont Middle School Art Teacher, and I host a Trashin Fashion show that our friend Linda Esser started with her art students before she passed away. The Fashion show is students wearing fashions that they made completely from Trash and your students would have a ball participating! The show has always been on Friday of the festival at noon on the cafe stage! Maybe you can participate this year? on the CAST for the World Facebook page there are a ton of pictures. I can send  you a link if you would like.


Possible Puzzle Mural:  I would be happy to work with you on a puzzle mural. This lady makes it easy if you want to do a replica of a master work http://www.artprojectsforkids.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

cbc: clayc@casady.org; 405-749-3103