We only have 100 days before Peace Day 21 September. Greater awareness of Peace Day means more people behaving in a peaceful manner. The more people planning and preparing for Peace Day, the greater the behavioural change, reducing violence in the home and further afield. So let’s use these last 100 days to involve as many people as we can. Through our combined efforts we can reach hundreds of millions of people to create a moment of global unity.
Here are a couple of examples of how people are planning to mark Peace Day:
- Who Will You Make Peace With? This is what Parliamentarians are asking too. To find out how they are making peace with each other check out: Parliamentarians Network for Conflict Prevention.
- How can children inspire their peers through peace poems? Peace One Day Education supporters Ocado are about to launch an inspirational initiative across the UK. More information to follow soon.
Momentum is building, so please share your ideas, provide links, help inspire the world!
The Peace One Day Coalitions keep going from strength to strength. We’ve got 100 days to make them even stronger. Bigger coalitions will mean more people behaving peacefully on Peace Day.
- NGO Coalition: 572 members active in 138 countries. Help us get more than 800 by Peace Day!
- ‘Reducing Domestic Violence’ Coalition: 243 members active in 97 countries. Let’s reach at least 400!
- Student Coalition: 340 members active in 95 countries. We want to get above 500!
- Faith Coalition: 203 members active in 101 countries. We’re aiming for over 300!
- Schools Network: 809 schools in 102 countries. Let’s make it to 1,000!
In the past 100 days I have travelled to four continents; everywhere I go, I’m inspired by the work I see in making Peace Day 2013 a fantastic success. In these final 100 days before Peace Day, let’s inspire the world to make this by far the biggest coming together in the name of peace ever seen. We can all ask, “Who Will You Make Peace With on 21 September?”
Thank you for your continued support.
Founder of Peace One Day